Wednesday, October 29, 2008

For Ernestine :)




Hi Ernestine, I just want to start out by saying I have absolutely nothing against you and I am definitely not in support of infanticide.

But may I share with you my viewpoints? I know maybe you already knew it, and maybe it will not affect your strong disapproval of Obama, but just felt like maybe you should know :)

1. Obama has expressed support of bans on late-term abortions, provided they include exemptions for the life or health of a mother.

2. During the third presidential debate, Obama elaborated on his stance on abortion:

"...there surely is some common ground when both those who believe in choice and those who are opposed to abortion can come together and say, 'We should try to prevent unintended pregnancies by providing appropriate education to our youth, communicating that sexuality is sacred and that they should not be engaged in cavalier activity, and providing options for adoption, and helping single mothers if they want to choose to keep the baby'. Those are all things that we put in the Democratic platform for the first time this year, and I think that's where we can find some common ground, because nobody's pro-abortion. I think it's always a tragic situation. We should try to reduce these circumstances."

3. Obama voted for a $100 million education initiative to reduce teen pregnancy and provide contraceptives to young people. (McCain voted against this... as usual...)

I'm not sure if you see where he's coming from, but he's actually tackling the ROOT CAUSE, before it became a problem. We've got to agree that we are not doing a very good job of educating our teens on keeping sex sacred. Why then are there so many unintended pregnancies? Especially among our teens? Because they didn't know that they will get pregnant if they have sex? I don't think so. Did they know abortion is killing a living human being? I'm sure they do. Did they know that God do not approve abortion? I'm sure they also do.

Supporting LAWS on abortion will never solve the problem. Just as there are many laws in the Word of God, people are still breaking them, just as Paul said in Galatians 3:10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse and in Romans 7:19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice and Jesus said in Matthew 26:41 The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

What's going to happen to a pair of 16-year-olds who "made a stupid mistake" one night, the girl became pregnant, and they have barely got out of high school, but because of the law against abortion, they are now faced with parenthood, limited resources, and their future is ruined?

What options do they have? Make them learn their lessons through the hard way? I doubt that they will learn their lessons and not repeat the same mistake again. And they will hate the people who made them go through the hardships. They can't even take care of themselves properly yet, less to say take care of a baby?

Send the unwanted babies away to orphanages or offer for adoption? Hmmm... I wonder if that is possible, financially speaking... and also looking at the abortion rate at the moment... In no time, America will overtake India and Africa in the size of the population. And then what?

The problem is not abortion. The problem is having sex before marriage.

Somehow, at the moment, before we succeed in educating our teens to keep away from sex until marriage, abortion offers those who made those "stupid mistakes" a second chance, which kinds of looks like the grace of God.

We should be teaching our children to see God's amazing grace and His awesome beauty, and they will automatically be drawn away from even the smallest thought of committing sex before marriage. Of course, there will be people who knows the grace of God and abuses it, but ultimately, the number of people who do that is very small.

Just my two cents :P

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear John,
As Christians we are to edify one another (1 Thessalonians 5:11); hopefully that is our goal here. You are not attacking me; I am not attacking you.

Albert Einstein said, "There are ONLY two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” With that kind of logic, I think even Einstein would have to agree; either you are for abortion, or you are against abortion. It is that simple.

You wrote, “Abortion offers those who made those "stupid mistakes" a second chance”; well what about a married couple who has a child and then, finding parenting requires more than they realized, they feel they have made a “stupid mistake”. With your logic, since they made a “stupid mistake”, they should be able to kill their child. What is the difference between killing a child AFTER it is born and killing it BEFORE it is born… either way it is a child, a life, and a soul.

God said, “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts”.
Isaiah 55:8,9

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isaiah 55:6,7

Is it godly to worry about overpopulation? Cannot our God, who fed the Israelites and kept their clothes and shoes from wearing out for 40 years as they wandered in the wilderness, figure out a way to feed the multitudes? I believe He can, but people need to truly turn from their wicked ways and look to Him. We read in Psalm 37:25…I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.

Pro-life organizations already offer help to mothers.
ProLife.com
Helping moms, saving babies, ending abortion!
http://www.prolife.com/

Pregnant? Click Here...3,000+ Centers can help YOU http://www.pregnancycenters.org/
Or call National Pregnancy Test Hotline... Call now 1-800-395-4357 (24/7 in USA)
See couples wanting to HELP YOU...they'll ADOPT YOUR BABY today. http://www.parentprofiles.com/

May our words and actions be to the glory of God.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 2:29:00 PM  
Blogger John said...

Hmmm... for those married couples who go for abortion, I don't think I am in support of that... I mean, there are ways to prevent pregnancies if you are not ready to have kids.

I am starting to see your point on this whole abortion thing. I would definitely hope and pray that something can be worked out to prevent abortion, and most important of all, to prevent people from making babies, if they are not ready to have one. Increased awareness, increased education, whatever...

And most of all, for God to heal the land.

Nevertheless, I am still voting for Obama, and still hope that he would take up more efforts to solve the abortion problem.

Obama is a better choice for overcoming many of the problems America is facing now, especially the financial crisis. We can't just look at one weakness he has and not look at the numerous weaknesses of McCain. Too many good men and women died for nothing in Iraq... fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, sons, daughters, grandchildren of somebody... America is still living in fear of another attack from al-Qaeda, who promises to kill all Americans. Too many people lost their jobs, lost their homes, lost all the money they possess.

Actually, I want to bring this "debate" to a close. I don't think we are getting anywhere close to a truce or an agreement. Thanks for taking your time to voice out strongly against abortion. If it was not for the election of the next leader of America, I would have supported your cause... anytime, anywhere, unconditionally :)

Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear John,
I whole-heartedly agree. I do not care if you vote for Obama; God is in control of all things. If Obama is our next president, I will believe it is by God’s design.
I just really think Christians need to take a stand for against abortion. The baby is not the only one hurt by it.
Abortion: One Dead; One Wounded.
Your friend in Christ Jesus :)

Colossians 3:17 (King James Version)
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Thursday, October 30, 2008 3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Christopher said...

well.. interessting points you both got :) abortion has always got it's good and bad points... but either way I agree with ernestine. It's a life... but I do like your point John, about prevention and education of sex before marriage.. both points I see as a way to perserve life from being lost.

If I am not mistaken.. there is a famous preacher.. whome influence the world because abortion wasn't done at that time after the mother was raped. Just shows how God works in miraculous ways.

prehaps it shouldn't be seen as hating for letting them learn the hard way. But if they made a mistake why not help them and teach how? any how.. just thought I'd drop a comment :)

Friday, October 31, 2008 12:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home